Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Things I Love

I am a creature of routine.  When I get out of my routine balls get dropped, life gets derailed and chaos ensues.  Needless to say my routine has been thrown off and while I have "meant" to blog it hasn't made the cut.  But to reward you for continuing to check on this fledgling blog I present my current "Favorite Products EVER".

So I'm just beginning to enter THAT stage.  You know the one where you look a little harder for to see if the laugh lines stick after you quit laughing.  When you perk up when you hear hair color commercials- and not because you're curious to how you'd look as a blond but because of their gray coverage claims.  When you realize that the best days of your skin are behind you and although you still hold your age well now you realize it's time to start pampering it so it will stay that way for the next 20 years.  So I tried Estee Lauder's Idealist and while it is a SPLURGE (It's about $58 for 1 oz bottle) I love how it feels when I put it on.  You don't need very much so it will last you for months (mine is about out and I've had it for about 3 months).  And while I don't know if anyone else can see a difference since I've begun using it, it makes me feel better about how I look- so that's gotta be worth at least $28, right?!

I hate breakfast.  I always wake up hungry, take my morning medicine and vitamins and then know it's a race to eat something before nausea sets in.  And really when you've just woken up and brushed your teeth nothing really sounds very good with a side of minty freshness.  Well lucky for me my father-in-law is a cereal junkie.  He'd probably live on sugary cereal for the rest of his life if he was allowed by my health conscious mother-in-law.  But alas he does try and buy semi-healthy cereal at times too, however he usually decides he doesn't like it and it sits on the shelf until someone else eats it.  Enter General Mills Oatmeal Crisp Cereal.  This gem was one of his rejected purchases that was sitting on the shelf the last time I visited.  As I mentioned it's fairly healthy and its one of those things that I can eat at any time and it hits the spot.  Even better unlike most cereals an hour later I'm not starving!  It's my favorite cereal right now.


One of my favorite movies EVER is "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" with a young Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt.  I could watch it every day and never get bored.  But I digress, one of my favorite parts is the beginning of the show when Janey (SJP) is introducing herself and she says, "And I love to dance" (cue sigh).  I totally relate to that!  I always wanted to be a dancer but my mom wasn't really supportive (to say the least) and so I settled on gymnastics- which was a joke!  But I LOVE to dance.  There's something about when a song comes on that makes my toes tap, and literally makes me want to get up and move.  Whether I'm in my car (yes I get a lot of strange looks) or washing dishes give me a good song and let me shake my groove thang.  :)  So when I was visiting my friend and was introduced to "Just Dance" it was a match made in heaven!  Competition, dancing, and great company- what more could you ask for?!  (I've even suggested to J.Crew a spicier version but- no dice.)  So if you're ever in the neighborhood and up for a good mood booster come on over- we'll have a Just Dance marathon. 



No comments: